Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Anyone live near Streatham Cemetery, Tooting

Christina

Hi

This is a long shot but is there anyone out there living near the cemetery which is in Garratt Lane, Tooting Broadway. My Grandfather, Robert Tucker, is buried there in grave number 614 in Block 12. He was buried on 8th January 1948. I am trying to find out if there are any details on the gravestone such as date of birth or regiment in WW1. As I have had no success with locating any details on Robert this is one of my last hopes.

Thanks

Christina

Unless somebody just around the corner from Tooting responds, I will gladly have a look for you. It may be a couple of weeks though.

Christina,

I'm not sure if I'd be able to get to the emetry any sooner than Clive but I'm pretty sure that I could get into the Family History Centre fairly soon. It should be fairly straightforward to locate his death certificate record details. Any help ?

Guy

Thanks Guy that would be great, I need as many hands on this one as possible, then perhaps someone will hit pay dirt for me. I have e-mailed you

Regards

Christina

• 2 weeks later...

Christina,

It’s disappointing news I’m afraid. After a long, long search in Streatham Cemetery I can tell you that there is no information about Robert Tucker to be gleaned from a gravestone.

I will email you off-forum with the little that I was able to discover about him.

Regards,

Clive