Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Morayshire Roll of Honour 1914-1918

brownag

I have a copy of 'The Morayshire Roll of Honour 1914-1918'.

It is a Roll of Service of approximately 7500 names, of men and women who served in all services from Morayshire including those who did not go overseas.

Unsurprisingly a lot of the entries relate to the 6th (Morayshire ) Bn Seaforth Highlanders T.F.

A lot of entries have the date and place of birth, date of enlistment, units served in, and occupation.

I also have 'The Distinguished Conduct Medal 1914-1920: Seaforth Highlanders' and 'The Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders' which gives the citations

Finally 'The Clan Mackay Roll of Honour 1914-1918' which is pretty much the same info as you'll find in the SDGW series / CD-ROM but also has entries for Naval and Dominion Mackays.

• 1 year later...
I have a copy of 'The Morayshire Roll of Honour 1914-1918'.

Unsurprisingly a lot of the entries relate to the 6th (Morayshire ) Bn Seaforth Highlanders T.F.

I also have 'The Distinguished Conduct Medal 1914-1920: Seaforth Highlanders' and 'The Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders' which gives the citations

Finally 'The Clan Mackay Roll of Honour 1914-1918'

Hello Brownag,

Have you any details on Mackay men from Ross-Shire or Inverness.

This is the area my family lived in at that time.

I am compiling a dateabse of all the Mackays/Mckays who served in W.W.1.

I have a photocopy of the Mackay Roll of Honour.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Ken Mackay.

Ken

I think the best bet would be for me to photocopy the Mackay entries from the MRoH and send them to you by snail-mail. Please send me an off forum post with your address and I'll get them to you asap.

Cheers

Adam

• 1 year later...

Hi

I also have the Morayshire Roll of Honour,unfortunately mine has been vandalised. I was wondering does your one have photos of some some of the soldiers? If yes could I ask for a check on the photos of a couple of soldiers.

regards

Stan

Hi Stan

I tooo have copy and it's my pride and joy. The only individual photos are of Sgt Alex Edwards VC, Cpl William Anderson VC and Lt George Edwards DSO, There are also photos of the officers, sergeants and men of the 1/6th Seaforths taken at Bedford in 1915 and one of the Scottish Horse in training

Hambo

Could you do a lookup for the following two names? Sorry I don't have any more information than this:

Gordon Mackay, worked for the British Linen Bank

Angus Mackay, worked in the Norton Park office of the Union Bank of Scotland.

Many thanks,

David

Jan

I'm afraid not but PM me with details of the sort of thing you are after and I'll send you what I've got. My aviatar is a Third Ypres victim

Hambo