Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lieut.Blizzard RFC

Guest Guard 1

Very sorry I'm doing this for a friend of mine. He just called me back and says he was in the Royal Air Force not the RFC.

But this is still in WW1.

Ask your friend if he means:

Lt Charles Cecil BLIZARD (note spelling), formerly 20th Middlesex, RFC, and RAF

Stump up £3 and you'll find a little more here http://www.documentsonline.pro.gov.uk/deta...1&resultcount=1

He was an observer, born in Putney 21.11.97, credited with 5 victories in 104 Sqn RAF, flying DH9s.

A little more info if it is Charles Blizard you are looking for. His five victories all came within the last 6 months of the war (30 June 1918 was the first & 6 November 1918 was the last). Two of the Five occurred on 12 August 1918 & the other (his second) occurred on 6 July 1918.................He flew with Captain J.B. Home-Hay DFC, MC who himself was credited with seven victories...........three of which Blizard was also credited with <_< (infamous WWI RFC victory crediting system at work there). Blizard also flew with Second Lieutenant P. Hopkins.......................all this is sourced from the Aerodrome website.......an excellent WWI war in the air site.

Many thanks for your help. I have passed the information on to my friend. He will now go into his history even more and get his MIC and service record.

All the best Rowland.