Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Spree Farm

Mark Abbott

I am currently researching the actions of 419 Field Company RE on the 31st July 1917. Spree Farm (which is located on the Wieltje-Gravenstaffel road) is one of the farms mentioned in the War Diary. Does anyone have a contemporary photo of this German strongpoint?

Ken Lees has very kindly provided me a detailed trench map of the area and I would like to have photos of the various strongpoints.

Regards.

Mark

• 6 years later...

Hi Mark,

I found this while looking for information myself.

I'm not sure where the third image was sourced from or the accuracy of location. It's also sadly quite a small file.

Regards,

Scott.

post-13684-0-13132600-1415808448_thumb.j

post-13684-0-56027500-1415808499_thumb.p

post-13684-0-13721200-1415808536_thumb.j

• 4 years later...
On 15/01/2008 at 22:01, Mark Abbott said:

I am currently researching the actions of 419 Field Company RE on the 31st July 1917. Spree Farm (which is located on the Wieltje-Gravenstaffel road) is one of the farms mentioned in the War Diary. Does anyone have a contemporary photo of this German strongpoint?

Ken Lees has very kindly provided me a detailed trench map of the area and I would like to have photos of the various strongpoints.

Regards.

Mark

Hi, I'm researching the 1/5 Lancs on 31 Jul and 1 Aug 1917.  Any links to trench maps showing CAPRICORN, CANVAS and CAPITAL Trenches, SPREE and POND FARMs, FORT HILL  plus the STEENBEEK stream/river in the Ypres salient appreciated.

Best wishes

George

Edited by Blue Dragoon

This shows trenches correct to 30th June 1917, close to your dates.

Howard

Spree.jpg

Nice one Howard, many thanks