Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Good bookshop needed

mcderms

I'm looking for a good book dealer who could help me track down some rarer titles. I have had some sucess with www.abebooks.com but can anyone suggest anywhere else to try?

Thanks,

Stewart.

You should try http://www.exedra.co.uk/

They do all the work for you! (the old fashioned way & using technology)

Ryan

You could try listing some wants on the sales and wants section - Chris will be more than happy to host these requests if a small fee is donated to the running costs for each transaction.

I have previously pointed one or two people in the direction of copies of volumes that they have said they are searching for and I am sure other pals will happily do the same

SO - LIST AWAY ----

• 3 months later...

I would try Baggins Book Bazaar, Rochester, Kent. Their site is at www.bagginsbooks.co.uk it is Englands largest Secondhand Bookshop, I spend many a happy hour in there but it ends up about four. I bought last weekend "Mud Songs and Blighty £3.00, Moving the Guns the story of the mechanisation of the Royal Artillery 1854-1939 £9.00 and The World War 1 Data Book by John Ellis and Michael Cox £10.00. I reckon a bargain.

John

Yes, my first port of call is www.bookfinder.com It has booksellers from all over the world using its system and therefore stuff from the old empire is often listed there. Sometimes the prices can be very good. Sometimes very obscure stuff doesn't pop up but I have been surprised at what is does sometimes find.

I don't know if it is the biggest "virtual" bookshop and if there is a bigger one I would like to know about it.