Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

War Dead Databases

museumtom

Tom,

Wonder if you can find anything on these brother officers:

THOMSON, KENNETH CLARKE Initials: K C Nationality: United Kingdom Rank: Lieutenant Regiment/Service: Royal Scots Fusiliers Unit Text: 2nd Bn. Age: 23 Date of Death: 31/12/1914 Awards: Mentioned in Despatches Additional information: Son of Samuel Marshall Thomson and Edith Mary Thomson, of Grey Lodge, Groby, Leicestershire. Born at Glasgow. Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead Grave/Memorial Reference: I. L. 1. Cemetery: MERVILLE COMMUNAL CEMETERY

DOW Times Monday JAN 4, 1915

Notice Wed Jan 16, 1915

THOMSON, SAMUEL PESTELL DONALD Initials: S P D Nationality: United Kingdom Rank: Lieutenant Regiment/Service: Leicestershire Yeomanry Unit Text: 1st/1st Date of Death: 13/05/1915 Additional information: Son of Samuel Marshall Thomson and Edith Mary Thomson, of Grey Lodge. Groby, Leicester. Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead Grave/Memorial Reference: II. B. 32. Cemetery: SANCTUARY WOOD CEMETERY

Times notice Friday. May 21, 1915

Killed action near Ypres

Many thanks,

Chris.

Hi Tom,

Looking for your help again if you can please from your US information

As before all I have is his name and rank.

BRODRICK, P. F. PTE. U.S. ARMY.

Regards,

Sean

I see you already have the CWGC info on the Thomson men. They are not in De Ruvignys, sorry.

I have no information on Pte Brodrick or Pte Broderick. He is not mentioned by the American Battle Monuments nor is he in Soldiers of the Great War.

Sorry guys.

Regards.

Tom

I see you already have the CWGC info on the Thomson men. They are not in De Ruvignys, sorry.

I have no information on Pte Brodrick or Pte Broderick. He is not mentioned by the American Battle Monuments nor is he in Soldiers of the Great War.

Sorry guys.

Regards.

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for talking the time to look.

Chris.

You already have his CWGC information. He was born in Bulkington in Wilts, enlisted in Devizes in Wilts while living in Melskham.Killed in Action. He is not in De Ruvignys roll of Honour.

Regards.

Tom.

• 10 months later...

Any chance of finding any members of the 1/4th Battalion Gloucestershire regiment who died on the 21st,22nd and 23rd of August 1916?

Thanks so much

Dan

21 Aug............1

22 Aug............24

23 Aug.............2

24 Aug.............none

The Ageing young rebel try geoffs search engine or soldiers died in the great war and this will give you the names of the casualties.

• 2 months later...
Hi Guys

I collect Databases on War Dead mainly ww1, Available; De Ruvignys Roll of Honour, Irelands memorial records. Soldiers of the Great War ( USA) Soldiers died in the Great War on CD, Soldiers died in WW2 on CD, Irish Guards Unit history 1st and 2nd batt, Shot at dawn, Locations of Casualty Clearing Stations ww1,.

Please post your queries here.

Tom Burnell, Resrearch Curator, Thurles Famine and War Museum, Tipperary, Ireland

Hello Tom

I am struggling to get any further with info re my GF who was in ASC and RASC. I have his MICs and details of his grave in Theux War Cemetary, Belgium. I have read from cover to cover Young's ASC book (fascinating!) but I wonder if there is any further info available for me? I have attached a reply from someone on this site which although interesting, is also tantalisingly puzzling for a Civvy!! I also have a death certificate for him. He died on 25 December 1918 in France from pneumonia but that's all it says. I would like to know whether there is any more info, as his service records aren't available (yet) on Ancestry.

Cheers JRP

1st_Indian_Cavalry_Supply_Column.doc

Go on ya good thing and give me his name and I'll look in De Ruvignys Roll of honour.

Regards.

Tom.

Hello, do let me know if you come across a listing of Osborne Naval College war dead.

Hi Guys

I collect Databases on War Dead mainly ww1, Available; De Ruvignys Roll of Honour, Irelands memorial records. Soldiers of the Great War ( USA) Soldiers died in the Great War on CD, Soldiers died in WW2 on CD, Irish Guards Unit history 1st and 2nd batt, Shot at dawn, Locations of Casualty Clearing Stations ww1,.

Tom Burnell, Resrearch Curator, Thurles Famine and War Museum, Tipperary, Ireland

I have not found one yet.

Regards.

Tom.

Go on ya good thing and give me his name and I'll look in De Ruvignys Roll of honour.

Regards.

Tom.

Hi Tom

Pte (then A/L.Cpl, then Sergeant?) Thomas Winter

Reg No. M1/8973 (ASC) Awarded 14 Star (ASC/27 22)

M1/08973 (RASC) Victory Medal (RASC/101 B7 655 Returned (1743 K.R. 1912) 8163/Adt.

British Medal (RASC/101/ B7 655

Date of entry (Theatre of War) 22/11/14.

I have also the re-enrolment (22/11/14) form where he states he had served 10 yrs in ASC, leaving in 1912.

Hope you can find something more please? Maybe the dates and Regiment he did his initial time with?

Thanks.

JRP :)

All I can find on him is from the CWGC. He is not in De Ruvignys or any other database available to me.

WINTER, THOMAS

Initials: T

Nationality: United Kingdom

Regiment/Service: Royal Army Service Corps

Secondary Regiment: Royal Garrison Artillery

Secondary Unit Text: attd. 21st Bde.

Date of Death: 25/12/1918

Service No: M/08973

Additional information: Husband of Catherine Winter, of 16, High St., Ramsgate, Kent. Born at Hulme, Manchester.

Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead

Grave/Memorial Reference: 28.

Cemetery: THEUX COMMUNAL CEMETERY

Regards.

Tom.

All I can find on him is from the CWGC. He is not in De Ruvignys or any other database available to me.

WINTER, THOMAS

Initials: T

Nationality: United Kingdom

Regiment/Service: Royal Army Service Corps

Secondary Regiment: Royal Garrison Artillery

Secondary Unit Text: attd. 21st Bde.

Date of Death: 25/12/1918

Service No: M/08973

Additional information: Husband of Catherine Winter, of 16, High St., Ramsgate, Kent. Born at Hulme, Manchester.

Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead

Grave/Memorial Reference: 28.

Cemetery: THEUX COMMUNAL CEMETERY

Regards.

Tom.

Yes Tom, I've got all that, thanks anyway!

• 1 year later...

Tom,

Not sure if you have seen my posting elsewhere looking for any info about Lt Alexander McKee aged 35 10th R.I.R who died at Cambrai on 22/11/17. If you have any info, it would be much appreciated.

Regards Ian

Hello Ian.

He is not in Bond of Sacrifice, Our Heroes, Irish at the Front, Irish on the Somme, Pen Pictures of British Battles, The Tenth (Irish) Division in Gallipoli, The War Illustrated, De Ruvigny’s Roll of Honour or The DSO database,

He is in Irelands Memorial Records, SDGW and CWGC with nothing new.

Regards.

Tom.

Hi Guys

Hello:

Would you have any information on Pte. Maurice HIGNEY who served with the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers 2nd Btn and was

KIA in 1917?

Thanks!

Mike

Other than CWGC and SDGW I cannot find him listed anywhere else,other than 'Irish Soldiers Wills' where he lists his next of kin as )mother) Mary Ann Higney, 4 Legnavea Street, Ligoniel, Belfast. The will was written on 17-February-1917.

He is in th census here;

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Shankill/Finley_Street/171898/

and

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Tyrone/Camus/Drumhaboy/1753432/

Regards.

Tom.

Hello Tom:

Thanks so much for your reply!

Would you be so kind as to check the Irish Soldiers Wills for Hugh HIGNEY also please?

Thanks so much!

Mike

It just has Maurice, sorry.

Regards.

Tom