Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

In From The Cold - 03.01.08

Terry Denham

CWGC added the following 'new' WW1 casualty to its Debt of Honour database today – Thursday 3rd January.

Pte David CALL

3074 12 Bn, Royal Scots

Died 27.09.15 Age 40

Commemoration: Loos Memorial, France

NOT FORGOTTEN

This casualty was put forward by GWF on 30.11.07 on behalf of member, Geoff501.

MAY HE REST IN PEACE

Guest geoff501
Raising a (small) glass to the memory of David. Well done Geoff for your efforts in getting him commemorated.

I don't like to claim much credit for this. I selected a page at random to test run on 'widgetry' and he was last but two on the page. For my sins, I got to purchase the DC, more than happy to though. It's going to be a good year!

Good to see he finally joins his mates on Loos, there are a number for the 1/12th that day.

geoff

So, for those of us giving our time to the In From The Cold project, is this our first "official" success?

And, Geoff, don't be so modest, mate. If it wasn't for the Widget, I doubt if we'd be making as much progress.

John

John

Afraid this one does not count as an IFCP success. It escaped under the wire before we were underway properly. We will have enough without claiming such 'strays'.

Well done Geoff. You were the one who stumbled over him and brought him to everyone's attention. Credit where due.

I don't like to claim much credit for this. I selected a page at random to test run on 'widgetry' and he was last but two on the page. For my sins, I got to purchase the DC, more than happy to though. It's going to be a good year!

Good to see he finally joins his mates on Loos, there are a number for the 1/12th that day.

geoff

They all count Geoff................To coin a footballing term, it doesn't matter whether it was a 30 yard screamer into the top left or it hit you on the backside & trickled in from 2 feet, the end product is still the same..........................one more sitting at the celestial bar, swapping jokes & having drinks with old comrades & one less still waiting to be found.