Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

name inclusion

john w.

Getting back to his denomination, if any. John, do you know he was Church of England; was the church memorial originally raised for parishoners, or placed there on behalf of everyone from the immediate area?

The villagers of Naseby in Northamptonshire had quite a set-to over the placing of their memorial. It was planned to go in the churchyard, but the Chapel-folk protested, and so was built on neutral territory at the village crossroads.

Also, are you certain he still had close ties with the district? Just because a man does not appear on a particular memorial does not necessarily indicate a deliberate snub. There are many names that are not where we, ninety years on, might expect to find them.

Kate

I accept waht you say....

As said earlier.. maybe on the other thread.. the village didnt have a war memorial and they are now trying to put together a list of those who fell and this will be in the village as opposed to the two churches.

I did call for a precedent on those who were executed being placed on memorials and recieved only one... Fox.

As to his faith.... at present unknown as his papers are lost. I am going to the County Record office to examine the parish records.

He has been elusive but I hope to make some progress but maybe not via the easy route... :)

John