Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

BBC story

centurion

The BBC web site has a story looking for info (relatives etc) on a soldier shot for desertion (see link) - not questioning the verdict but trying to follow up after getting an entry on a war memorial. This seems like a good place to put this link (I'm surprised the journalist researching hadn't already made contact)

BBC

(I'm surprised the journalist researching hadn't already made contact)

Possibly because Graham is a Forum member.

May I also suggest that members tread carefully with this thread and treat it solely as an issue about a name missing from a war memorial, rather than a discussion about reasons why it is missing. If you get my drift........?

John

Possibly because Graham is a Forum member.

May I also suggest that members tread carefully with this thread and treat it solely as an issue about a name missing from a war memorial, rather than a discussion about reasons why it is missing. If you get my drift........?

John

If you read the article you'll see that the name isn't missing! The issue is trying to find relatives.

If you read the article you'll see that the name isn't missing! The issue is trying to find relatives.

I had, of course, read the article - otherwise I wouldnt have known what it was about and, in consequence, raised the note of caution.

Graham and I (and others) discussed the issue a long time back on-Forum (when such discussions were permitted, as I recall).

John