Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Mr Punch's History of the Great War

Le_Treport

I've been given a copy of the said book. However, the book differs from the version I had spotted in a bookshop and browsed.

The one I was expected looks like this . However, the version I have looks like this .

The one I have has absolutely no images in it, but it does have text markers such as [iLLUSTRATION: Gallant Belgium], which makes me think this is a duff copy. Interestingly, Amazon stock both versions (the one I have was published by Kessinger in 2004 and the Nonsuch edition published in 2007), and both offer the abillity to 'search inside' the book - yet both take you into the Kessinger version which is the one I have - and even on Amazon, it has no images and these (what I believe are) picture placeholders.

Can any pal confirm that the later, Nonsuch Publishing Co. version does indeed have pictures throughout? And do you think the run of the Kessinger version I have is a 'bad' edition as it has no images???

Indeed - I should have thought of Abebooks. However it was a gift from a non-Internet user.

I think I'll check the other version and quietly do an exchange if I can at Wattakars.....!

I did manage to download this as an E-book, the 1919 print edition with green boards and gold lettering, it is complete with all illustrations etc,

cheers, Jon