The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Website

Feldgrau

Hello, Forum Pals.

My name is Jürgen and I run a website devoted to the Great War at this website:

www.feldgrau.pytalhost.com

I invite you all to come and visit and perhaps join the Forum there. This could be a marvellous opportunity to share information and photographs etc. and furter our joint knowledge of the Great War.

greeting Jürgen

hallo pete,

da hast du aber gut deutsch gelernt! gratulaion

aber es macht nichts wenn jemand in meinem forum englisch schreibt, es sind genügend user da die englisch schreiben können.

gruss jürgen

Hello,

Do you have provisions in place for people to post in English at your forum? The forum looks great (in German) but unless you can truly make it multi-lingual it might be a frustrating place. I've seen this all before. People are invitred to come post in English--many members can't or won't answer in English and it's not the most productive experience--for either side.

It's hard to judge the forums content as it's all member only!

Paul

Hello,

at first thank you for you interest! And I think there must be no bigger problem with the languages, for example in the forum there

is an american moderator (our expert for shoulder-boards) he doesn't speaks german. He use a translator and it work very well.

Furthermore there are already (for a long time) many more foreign members (American, Belgian, Dutch, French...) - everting is fine!!

If you don't want to use a translator - write in english! I think the most of all members will understand the meaning. Maybe someone

will answer in german - but if you don't understand something exactly - you just have to asked again! I think there are enough members

in the forum they will help you gladly and translated it for you! You see me english is also not good - but I think (or hope ;-) ) it's good

enough for everyone to understand - what I'm try to say! ;-) So, don't worry!

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Juergen

Looks impressive but our poor language skills will let us down (ashamed to say I don't even speak Welsh!)

Bernard

My name is Jürgen and I run a website devoted to the Great War at this website:

Wilkommen Jurgen, Sehr gut zu sehen ihren Forum. Ich haben viele fragen auf meine uniformen und shchulterklappen auflagen. Bis spater! Cheers, Bill