Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Dvr Harry Dunn not on CWGC or SDGW?

Guest Ian Bowbrick

Guest Ian Bowbrick

I have a studio photograph in my collection purchased probably before some people were born of Dvr Harry Dunn RFA. The photo was taken in France and dated. The medal index cards showed there to be 3 Harry Dunn's and luckily all service records for the 3 existed as well. Using the date I was able to identify Harry's number and noted that on his MIC it stated died 20 February 1919. His service record gave the cause of death as pneumonia and the fact that he was still with the colours at the time.

However Harry Dunn is not included on the CWGC roll or SDGW - the latter doesn't surprise me, but the former should be put right but my success rate with the CWGC is not good.

Is there any reason why Harry should have been left off?

Ian

Guest Ian Bowbrick

Terry,

Apologies - I put Harry's photo and papers in a safe place, which of course I couldn't find!!

Dvr Harry Dunn RFA (TF) original number 2597, later 825957, which made him RFA South Midland Division TF, 1st Brigade, which became 240th Bde RFA.

He was disembodied for demobilisation on 24 Feb 1919, but died of pneumonia 20 Feb 1919.

I have his MIC and what is left of his service record but no death certificate.

Thanks - Ian