Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Army Form B104-82

jainvince

In an earlier post

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/i...&hl=B104-82

I asked if anybody had one of these forms which I could copy to help me produce a restored version of a freind's uncle's letter. As none of the same version was forthcoming, I've tried to restore those words lost due to the wear on an old crease in the paper. Most words can be interpreted from the portions remaining and the version posted by Croonaert but I cannot make out the final missing word from the phrase

", and I am to express to you the sympathy and regret of the Army Council ?? your loss".

The missing word, there's only really space for one, appears to start with an 'a' but which word could it be? It is possible that the loss of paper meant the phrase 'as to' was originally included.

As we really would like to have a true reproduction of the form any help would be appreciated.

Progress to date enclosed.

Bernard

post-23884-1196453414.jpg

Speaking to a couple of freinds after posting we thought 'at' was the missing word but like all of these things, put the wrong word in and someone will point out the error. Thanks for your responses

Bernard

post-7376-1196470776.jpg

This any good? Apologies for not responding to your earlier plea, but I just popped in out of curiosity.

Graham