Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Reading Memorial

Twiglet

Is anyone able to, or does anyone know of a memorial to the war dead in Reading? Great Uncle's last known residence; 10 St. Giles Buildings, Southampton St, Reading. Just wondering if he's listed on a memorial there (as well as Pozieres).

Is anyone able to, or does anyone know of a memorial to the war dead in Reading? Great Uncle's last known residence; 10 St. Giles Buildings, Southampton St, Reading. Just wondering if he's listed on a memorial there (as well as Pozieres).

Reading memorial is not yet available at Roll of Honour but you just might be lucky at Lost Generation

\Spoons

• Admin

Two I can think of are the one by Caversham Bridge and the one near the Forbury Gardens. He may also be on a memorial at St Giles Church- I think that is the church at the bottom of Southampton Street. My geography or Reading is fading a bit now as although born and raised there, I haven't lived there for over 20 years.

Michelle

Thanks!! Will check these leads out.

Michelle, makes me wonder about the church one, as he lived in St Giles Building's, which must have been close by.