Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

the grimsby trawlers restless and rinto

calvin

hello, does any one know lf these trawlers were used by the auxillary patrol during ww1 and have any details about them, thanks all, regards, john

hello, does any one know lf these trawlers were used by the auxillary patrol during ww1 and have any details about them, thanks all]

John

HMTrawler Restless

125TG, Adn.No.1041, Port Reg. G379. Launched 1891 and requisitioned in January and designated as an APV. Returned to owners in December. 1916: Captured by a German S/M 40 miles SE x E Spurn LV and sunk by gunfire,

Regards John

hello john, thankyou for that, i wonder what happened to the crew, when you say she was requisitioned in the january, what year was that, also returned to owners 1916 what year was she captured and sunk, thanks again for the help, have you come across another one called the rhone which may have also been called up, i beleive they were ships which belonged to sleights of grimsby, thanks john

hello john, thankyou for that, i wonder what happened to the crew, when you say she was requisitioned in the january, what year was that, also returned to owners 1916 what year was she captured and sunk, thanks again for the help, have you come across another one called the rhone which may have also been called up, i beleive they were ships which belonged to sleights of grimsby, thanks john

John

Requisitioned January 1915, Returned to owners December 1915, Lost 1916. Sorry for confusion.

HM Trawler Rhone

117TG, Armament 1 x 6pdr AA, Admty No. 1045, Port Reg. GY521

Launched 1893, built at Beverly. Iron constuction. Owned by Sleight of Grimsby. 1914 Requisitioned in December. 1918 Returned to owners in July.

Regards John

thanks john for that, i wonder if the crew were taken on board the u/boat or they went down with the ship, or poss. put in life boat before she was sunk, what do you think, thanks again, regards john

• 8 months later...