Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Territorial Engineers tunic

dutchbarge

I've got an OSD cuff rank (wart) RE tunic with the Territorial 'T's ABOVE the RE collar dogs. It looks as if these badges have always been in this position. Usually the 'T's are BELOW the collar badge. The ribbons on the tunic include the Military Medal so this chap was a ranker before being commisioned. Has anyone seen badges placed in this position? Thanks, Bill

post-7376-1195515524.jpg

Regulations for the Territorial Force 1912, papragraph 451.

In all my time collecting and researching I've never seen the 'T' above the collar badge, although I have seen single 'T's worn on their own. Now as the officers collar badges for the RE's are lugged North & South, could the 'T' be removed and the collar badge moved up and the 'T' placed in the now vacant bottom hole. If this works then whoever was the previous owner had placed the badges in the wrong position.

Graham.

post-7376-1195515524.jpg

Regulations for the Territorial Force 1912, papragraph 451.

In all my time collecting and researching I've never seen the 'T' above the collar badge, although I have seen single 'T's worn on their own. Now as the officers collar badges for the RE's are lugged North & South, could the 'T' be removed and the collar badge moved up and the 'T' placed in the now vacant bottom hole. If this works then whoever was the previous owner had placed the badges in the wrong position.

Graham.

I've never seen this either. Brilliant idea! Strangely enough I'd already thought of moving the Tees to the Dogs position, unfortunately the lugs on the Tees are closer together than those on the RE devices. Also the Tees are brass, not bronze. Yet another wrinkle. I met a chap at a Glocester militaria swap meet who had an OSD the same set up but I can't remember the organization. Perhaps bronze Tees are bigger and have more widely placed lugs? Thanks for your help! Bill

The "T" above,rather than below the collar badge is rather bizzare,could you post a picture of the tunic please

P.B.

Hello, My pic of the tunic is too large a file to post. I'll try to re-shoot it in smaler format this week. Cheers, Bill

Hello, My pic of the tunic is too large a file to post. I'll try to re-shoot it in smaler format this week. Cheers, Bill

If you like I can email you a copy of the picture post haste. Cheers, Bill