Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Yorks and Lancs

rocknrollruby

Charles George Kerridge enlisted 11/12/1915 for Yorks & Lancs regt. Transferred to the reserve from the Durham Light Infantry 15/11/1919. Regtl. No 93618.

I have searched the medal rolls at the national archives and tried to trace him through the long long trail and am unable to find him. Can anyone PLEASE advise me ?

Hi again

Please find attached two photos from the Durham LI War & Victory Rolls

Ypou will see these cover the pages where he should have been in the roll. Notice that one is all York and Lancaster men. I think but can't be a hundred percent certain that he may not have served overseas with the DLI.

Is there any indication on the paperwork as to overseas service?

regards

Tyneside Chinaman

post-27843-1195415077.jpg

post-27843-1195415094.jpg

Sorry I am still new to this as well

You should be able to enlarge the images to read them, if not ssend me your email address and I will send the full size.

You should be able to enlarge the images to read them, if not ssend me your email address and I will send the full size.

Hi again

Please find attached two photos from the Durham LI War & Victory Rolls

Ypou will see these cover the pages where he should have been in the roll. Notice that one is all York and Lancaster men. I think but can't be a hundred percent certain that he may not have served overseas with the DLI.

Is there any indication on the paperwork as to overseas service?

regards

Tyneside Chinaman

Hi, I really am making a mess of this !.It's taking me forever to reply ! thank you so much for the attachment. Could you email it to me at rocknrollruby@hotmail.com please.

His army demob card says served overseas on active service. His best friend is named on the Tyne cot memorial under DLI and they were together when he was killed. I really appreciate your help. Thanks.