The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

St Marie Cemetery, Le Havre

Auimfo

I'd be really grateful to anyone who might be able to obtain a photo of this chap's grave for me,

253617 Gnr Frank Oswald Wills

Royal Field Artillery

Died 27/5/1919

Age 20

Grave Reference Div. 64. VI. F. 5.

St Marie Cemetery, Le Havre

Cheers,

Tim L.

Good luck, Tim. I don't think many people go to that cemetery. I tried to get a photo for my hubby's grandmother - her uncle was killed in 1916 and she never saw the headstone. Sadly no takers, and she died in June a couple of weeks off her 98th birthday. On a positive note, a very kind soul did take a photo for us of her brother's headstone at Wimeraux. :)

Allie

Allie,

I think you might be right. I thought about sending an email to Francois who was taking photos for forum members in early 2006. Unfortunately from the thread he posted it appears he fell ill and hasn't been here since so I didn't want to bother him.

I'll just have to hope someone's passing through Le Havre at some time and remembers for me.

Cheers,

Tim L.

Tim

With you on this one

265848 Private THOMAS RICHARD BARTLETT.

11th Battalion, Somerset Light Infantry (Formally 4379 Wiltshire Regiment), 15th August 1917.

STE. MARIE CEMETERY, LE HAVRE, Grave Reference: Div. 62. I. H. 1

If anyone can assist with one of my lads from the Purton research as well if possible.

Regards

Bob lloyd

There was already a thread there which I think was started by Bob and I tacked on my request. This one was just to make sure as many people as possible saw the request.

The thread in photo requests got even less response than this one. :(

Cheers,

Tim L.

Tim

I have placed requests in the photo section before & then had a better response from other sections so i think you are right to put it in more than one place

mate. saying that Le Havre isn`t a hot spot so don`t be to disheartened by any lack of response, one day someone will join the forum & find your thread & respond, this forum has helped me out so much, unbelievable sometimes & i am always incredibly gratefull

Regards

Bob lloyd