The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

records

iriscable

Please can someone help me with two problems.The first is my fathers medal record.his name is Stanley Thomas Coney of the 13th county of london r.reg no 3600.The card shows discharge para392(v1)(a) under age. file no 3625.b/ag10. I found a letter from him to his mother approx 1920 and he is in india with 1st suffolk regiment. his reg no now 70129,guess he rejoined.I live in the north east and am unable get to Kew can any one help.

My seconed prob is my grt uncle whose medal card record shows Harry William Collins 11th London regt reg no 2529. disc p 9/9/16..swb list cant make out ref, theatre of war (3)Egypt i think...My prob he is shown on war graves,service no 115839 Machine Gun Corps (infantry) 50th Bn.Cant fathom this out and if you can understand all of this i would love to hear from you ....Thanks

Well, Stanley Thomas Coney was certainly underage for WW1. On FreeBMD a birth of Stanley Thomas Coney is registered in June 1900, which means that he was only 14 at the outbreak of war.

From his MiC, what medals was he awarded? If he was awarded the BWM and VM it means that he actually got overseas (or embarked for overseas) and then was detected as being underage.

If no BWM and VM it means he was discharged without leaving the U.K.

Noel

Thankyou for your reply..yes Stanley was too young ,the story goes his Mother reported him to the HQ and he was discharged.His mic shows Badge 30/11/16 3625 b/ag10.ineligble under age.Seems he wasent put off and joined later,I was trying to get his records but live too far away to visit kew and a research is too costly.

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

If you re-post your request in the section entitled National Archives which is lower down the sections I'm sure some kind Pal will try to help you.

Cheers Roger.

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

If you re-post your request in the section entitled National Archives which is lower down the sections I'm sure some kind Pal will try to help you.

Cheers Roger.

Thanks Roger,new to this will try

cheers iris