Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

21 Stationary Hospital Salonika

jimmie

Was Arthur sent out to Salonika at the end of 1915 with the first drafts from France? If so he would have sailed on HMT Megantic.

His officers included Captain J D Dickson and Lt J Macfie. His comrades included Ptes Gilbert and Sculley.

• 5 years later...

Hello, Kate, if you are still within range,

I'm interested in an Irish doctor who sailed from Marseilles on 20.12.1915 for Salonika. He was on the 'Manitou'. Now I'm highly intrigued by the fact that, in the above post, you were able to name some of the people that travelled that route with Arthur. What sources allowed you to do this?  I'm trying desperately to link Thomas Louis Enright (d.19.3.1918) with some unit, some hospital. (I've started a separate thread for him.)

As I say, if by any chance you are still out there and see this, maybe you could point me in some kind of right direction.

Thanks,

Donal

• 3 weeks later...

A bit off the subject but my grandfather was sent from Salonika to the 28th Hospital clearing station, then on to the Hospital ship the Valdivia. After that he was sent to hospital in Malta. Does this mean he was quite a serious malaria case and would the 28th station be all tents like one of the photos previously?

Thanks

Paul

There is a picture of the 28th Casualty Clearing Station in the Casual Clearing Stations topic.

Here

Edited by Gardenerbill