Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

soldiers details.. help

royals01

looking for any info on pte leonard kench 27859 ox&bucks li. cant find any details in the national archives.on thing i have is his pair of medals and he was from great tew oxfordshire. any help would be great.thanks chris

Cannot see him on the NA MIC lists either. Only one Leonard Kench on CWGC - a Captain in the Warwickshires.

There is a Pvte Leonard Kench in the NA lists but is 37749 in the Royal Berks. Maybe your man transferred?

And there is 27563 Albert G kench in the Ox & Bucks on the NA - a brother perhaps, with close numbering?

Need to see his service record perhaps.

Ian

Cannot see him on the NA MIC lists either. Only one Leonard Kench on CWGC - a Captain in the Warwickshires.

There is a Pvte Leonard Kench in the NA lists but is 37749 in the Royal Berks. Maybe your man transferred?

And there is 27563 Albert G kench in the Ox & Bucks on the NA - a brother perhaps, with close numbering?

Need to see his service record perhaps.

Ian

thanks ian. all i know is bwm & victory both to pte l kench ox&bucks li.27859 from great tew.

Maybe try posting with a title calling for Ox & Bucks experts? Perhaps some pals have specific info on that regiment?

Leonard Kench and his family are all at Little Tew on the 1901 census, the other Kench servicemen I mentioned are from differing areas.

Ian

Maybe try posting with a title calling for Ox & Bucks experts? Perhaps some pals have specific info on that regiment?

Leonard Kench and his family are all at Little Tew on the 1901 census, the other Kench servicemen I mentioned are from differing areas.

Ian

thanks ian.