The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Humanity: The Medics in the trenches..

Chris Boonzaier

Hi,

I have just finished an update to the page dealing with a bit of humanity in the war. Germans saving a Scotsman, Frenchmen saving a German etc. etc.

There are some nice eyewitness accounts. The main page is linked to the stories.

Hope they are of interest to those of you who are board at work and are surfing the net :-)

http://www.kaiserscross.com/76001/93001.html

All the best

Chris

Hi Chris, I've just had a quick browse through your link, what a great site. After reading '9 days and 9 nights' I feel that I need to go and sit quietly for a few minutes. Humanity is more powerful than what we can ever imagine,

cheers, Jon

Chris, that's a great site, very moving.

It has prompted me to ask if you know anywhere where I might find German accounts of

Wood Lane (High Wood), Somme, 18th August 1916

Flers, Somme, 15th September 1916

Bapaume / Biefvillers, Somme, round about the 25th March 1918

My grandfather and uncle were involved in these battles and I have accounts of the British side but it would be amazing to find German accounts.

Thanks

Julian

Chris

What a fantastic job you have done in building this website. Makes my humble web offering look amateur in comparison.

Great work, I will return to it again when I have longer to stay.

Andy

Thanks for the kind words folks... the Medics deserve much praise for their work.

Brilliant site-a very good read indeed-really enjoyable with tonnes of solid information.

Chris

Thank you so much for introducing us to this site - it's definitely earmarked in my 'favourites' as is the link to the GMIC site you also mentioned.

This sharing of knowledge and resources is one of the truly great aspects of the GWF.

Chris Best