Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

australian field artillery

veklee

veklee

Do you know when it was taken or whcih Battery they belonged to?

Thanks.

Neil

veklee

Do you know when it was taken or whcih Battery they belonged to?

Thanks.

Neil

hi neil better than that

named on the back

taken at boyton camp sunday may 20th 1917

Based on the medals or picture can you tell the Battery they belonged to?

I only ask because my great uncle was in the AIF artillery and therefore I am always interested in pics like this.

Thanks.

Based on the medals or picture can you tell the Battery they belonged to?

I only ask because my great uncle was in the AIF artillery and therefore I am always interested in pics like this.

Thanks.

hi neil , this is a training camp, the guy whos medals i have is JAMES RANKINE PRESTON who was killed in october 17 , the photo says its some from number 9 hut, i can decifer all the names but one as the put there service numbers as well, one the number doesnt seem to correspond with the name ,

u wan me to mail u a copy of this picture, ?

cheers

barry

hi neil , this is a training camp, the guy whos medals i have is JAMES RANKINE PRESTON who was killed in october 17 , the photo says its some from number 9 hut, i can decifer all the names but one as the put there service numbers as well, one the number doesnt seem to correspond with the name ,

u wan me to mail u a copy of this picture, ?

cheers

barry

Barry send it to me if you would like it cleaned or resized etc

Regards

Ian

• 1 year later...
Guest judithmcgirr@hotmail.com

For the attention of "Old Sweats"- veklee , Neill MacKenzie

Hi I happened to come across your messages re James Rankine Preston. I thought you might be interested to know that he was my Uncle Rankine. The photo enclosed with your message is not my Uncle. I was interested how you managed to aquire my Uncle's medals as I believed they had been sent to England with the roll of honour to my grandparents in Bare Lancashire.

For the attention of "Old Sweats"- veklee , Neill MacKenzie

Hi I happened to come across your messages re James Rankine Preston. I thought you might be interested to know that he was my Uncle Rankine. The photo enclosed with your message is not my Uncle. I was interested how you managed to aquire my Uncle's medals as I believed they had been sent to England with the roll of honour to my grandparents in Bare Lancashire.

hi judith

J R preston is bottom right in this photo ,he also has a photo on the australian memorial site. these medals were with a couple of groups a few years back that were to the lamberts who as you know was his fathers side ,

barry