Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Soldier

Swally

Hi Guys,

One of my great uncles served during the Great War and managed to survive. I have spoken to his daughter but she has no idea what regiment he served in, she remembers that he was gassed but has no idea of uniform or medals. She is in her 70s now and her father died when she was only 19 so her memory must be a bit faded.

William Allan

B. 15th July 1895 @ 24 Jute Street in Aberdeen

He didn't marry until 1926 and then again in 1932 after the death of his first wife.

His parents were Robert & Elspeth Allan, his father died in 1905 and his mother emigrated to America in 1914 and returned after the war and died in 1922.

Sorry guys but that is all I have to go on.

Regards,

Swally

Hello Swally

Have checked Ancestry records where I found several pages of William Allan. Most from Scotland but only 3 that I could see from Aberdeen. Unfortunately, none of those had an address of Jute Street, nor a father named Robert.

Shame but at least you know Ancestry does not have the record (or at least, I could not find it)

Regards

Swally

With over three hundred MICs to start with I would have thought that your best starting point is either the Absent Voters List (if there is one) or the local press.

regards

Mel

Mel,

thanks for the reply,

I was told that they didn't do an Abent voters in Scotland.

Swally