Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Wiltshire Regiment -France Spring 1915

TrishaG

Hi,

my husbands grandfather ,Pte Albert Cecil GREEN -19675,was in the Wiltshire Regiment.Unfortunately his medal card doesn't give a battallion.However he was discharged due to a bad leg wound having only fought on the French front and didn't fight anywhere else. The medal card gives a "qualifying date" of 5/5/15(is this the date he was discharged or perhaps the date he was wounded?I know he was in England getting married in Jan/Feb or March 1915 so perhaps was wounded after going back afterwards?

Can anyone find which Battalion he was in so I could trace perhaps where he joined up ,fought or even find when he was wounded?

many thanks,

SusanPatricia

the date on the MIC is the date he entered the theatre of war and qualified for the star medal. If if he awarded a SWB it should show when he was discharged , possibly his battalion. But not when he was wounded. You would have to get his service record for this detail.

Can I direct people to the other topic on this man.

He was with the 1st Battalion, wounded c. August 1915, possibly between 24th and 27th August 1915 at Hooge.

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/i...c=85044&hl=

Steve.

The Wardrobe Museum at Salisbury will be able to sell you War Diaries and other maeterial relating to the 1st Wiltshire (I believe they still have copies of my little book for sale). If you had any material relating the your husband's Grandfather I am sure the museum would like to hear from you.

Edwin