Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Kings Royal Rifle Corps 11th Battalion

nikki32

One of my relatives Victor Halliday was killed in action on the 9th February 1917. I am trying to trace as much information about which battles he would have been involved in and where he would have been when he was killed. He was serving with the Kings Royal Rifle Corps 11th Battalion. Does anyone have any information at all that would help me or have any suggestions as to where I could look for the info??

Many thanks

Nikki

Nikki,

Received your pm about the 11th. I do not have the War Diary for the 11th KRRC, the Rifle Brigade is my area of interest, however the 11th KRRC were in the 59th Infantry Brigade of the 20th Division alongside the 10th & 11th Rifle Brigade and the 10th KRRC.

There is the history of the 20th (Light) Division by Captain V.E. Inglefield which would give you a good idea of the 11th KRRC involvement. I have the 10th & 11th Rifle Brigade War Diaries so will have a look through them and have a look at the History of the 20th (Light) Division to see what Inglefield mentions.

Andy

Hi Nikki,

The 11th Battalion was part of the 59th Brigade, 20th Division. My interest is in the 10th Battalion and the two often took part in the same actions.

History of the 20th Division by Captain V. E. Inglefield is the definative work for the Division. There is not much for the 9th February though:

post-22838-1193678270.jpg

post-22838-1193678512.jpg

post-22838-1193678575.jpg