Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

john eccleston

degsy68

i am trying to find any photos of the 12th kings own yorkshire light infantry from the 1st july 1916 at the somme or before that date. i am trying to get as much imformation about my great grandad as i can there is not a single photo of him at all in our family.i have his name john eccleston he was a seargant, his number 12/350 and he was wounded 1st july at the somme i also know that he lived in pontefract before the war. before moving to leigh lancs were he lived until the 1950's when he died any help would be appreciated thanks

welcome to the forum

have you tried his local paper after the date he was wounded ? Good chance of a picture that way

Degsy

Two of my great uncles were from Featherstone near Pontefract and joined the 12/KOYLI...their regimental numbers were 12/324 and 325.

Andy

Degsy

Two of my great uncles were from Featherstone near Pontefract and joined the 12/KOYLI...their regimental numbers were 12/324 and 325.

Andy

hello andy chances are they were together at some point i hope they made it home safe n sound

hello andy chances are they were together at some point i hope they made it home safe n sound

One did, unfortunately the other did not.