Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Royal British Legion - Herefordshire branches

Jim Clay

Pals

My brother is trying to find out whether there is a RBL branch in Colwall, Herefordshire. He'd like to arrange a wreath-laying there on Remembrance Sunday if possible.

He has tried phoning the Herefs RBL office, but gets no answer and I've looked on the RBL website but can't find an answer.

Any Herefordshire located Pals able to provide the answer, please?

Cheers

Jim

Many thanks for that, JPG - a very good idea to try the parish council! I've passed on the name and number to my brother.

Jim

Agreed, Chris, though it did have a Legion club in the 60s when our Granddad was alive. And it's no smaller I think than the small town where my brother is a keen member of a still surviving, though declining, Legion branch.

Jim

Myrtle

Thanks very much! Info passed on. I should have thought of Worcs - Colwall has always come under Malvern for postal purposes, though it's just inside the Herefs border (if my memory and geography are right :rolleyes: )

Thanks again

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

On behalf of my brother, a big thanks to the Forum (especially Myrtle) for coming up trumps again.

John made contact with the Colwall Legion branch, and he and his wife attended the Colwall Remembrance ceremony, placing a wreath to our uncle, Jim Price, KOYLI, died Italy 1944, and to our great uncle, Jim Webley, KSLI, died Flanders, 1914. They were made most welcome by the branch, and were delighted to meet a member who remembered our Gran and Granddad Price attending the Legion club on Saturday nights back in the '50s.

For information, the branch is still going strong more than 70 years after first opening.

Jim