Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Vaquois Hill

paul guthrie

I can't find this thread, someone had asked about something in English on this. I said I would let you know what Robert Ferrell said in Collapse at Meuse Argonne since it's US 35 Div. he writes about & it took this hill.

There are 2 pages on this and the formerly heavily defended position was down to 75 men 6 machine guns 1st day of attack by a regiment of 4000 with 4000 more right behind them, there was a quick surrender. No background on previous fighting. He's a 1st rate historian.

I can't find this thread, someone had asked about something in English on this. I said I would let you know what Robert Ferrell said in Collapse at Meuse Argonne since it's US 35 Div. he writes about & it took this hill.

There are 2 pages on this and the formerly heavily defended position was down to 75 men 6 machine guns 1st day of attack by a regiment of 4000 with 4000 more right behind them, there was a quick surrender. No background on previous fighting. He's a 1st rate historian.

It's spelt VAUQUOIS Paul; I'm a member of the local Association the 'Amis'; regards Chris

Thanks Chris, I searched the site spelling it that way too I think I did, any any event did not find earlier thread so updated here since I had told those there I would.