Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

dickebush cemeteries terry

veklee

hi terry can you please help with this one ?

james r preston 2 batt australian field artillery

according to his papers and australian war memorials he was first buried at the dressing station at bellwarde ridge, with his grave named (eyewitness account )

his service papers say dickebush cemetry ( which one i dont no )are there just 14 unidentified graves in the three cemetries and would any of them have unknown australian soldier on

hes on the menin gate

many thanks

barry

hi terry can you please help with this one ?

james r preston 2 batt australian field artillery

according to his papers and australian war memorials he was first buried at the dressing station at bellwarde ridge, with his grave named (eyewitness account )

his service papers say dickebush cemetry ( which one i dont no )are there just 14 unidentified graves in the three cemetries and would any of them have unknown australian soldier on

hes on the menin gate

many thanks

barry

Barry

DICKEBUSH NEW MILITARY Cemetery (Dikkebus) West Vlaanderen Belgium see web sites!

http://www.inmemories.com/statswars.htm

http://www.ww1cemeteries.com/ww1cemeteries...ryextension.htm

http://www.ww1cemeteries.com/ww1cemeteries...arycemetery.htm

Paul

hi paul thanks for reply , been trying to figure out if this boy is buried in cemetery. like in post his papers say he was buried, he was hit by shell piece taken to the dressing station then hit by another shell,

barry

hi paul thanks for reply , been trying to figure out if this boy is buried in cemetery. like in post his papers say he was buried, he was hit by shell piece taken to the dressing station then hit by another shell,

barry

Barry

came across this:-

Name: PRESTON, JAMES RANKINE

Initials: J R

Nationality: Australian

Regiment/Service: Australian Field Artillery

Unit Text: 2nd Bde.

Date of Death: 07/10/1917

Service No: 30514

Additional information: Son of Capt. James Lambert Preston and Margaret Mary Preston, of 7, Grange St., Bare, Morecambe, England. Native of Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England.

Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead

Grave/Memorial Reference: Panel 7.

Memorial: YPRES (MENIN GATE) MEMORIAL

Paul

hi paul ,on his papers on the australian archives and australian memorial, it says he was buried the first burial maybe being reinterred at dikkebus,

the aussie records are really good, and the memorial is even better as it gives a lot of eye wittness reports as well as other info ( if only ours was the same ),

friend of mine has guy on MENIN GATE as well as being buried( he was the only officer unaccounted for in cemetry so hes now down as being buried )

i would like to think my boy is buried as well,not one of the poor unfortunates with no known grave

barry

hi paul ,on his papers on the australian archives and australian memorial, it says he was buried the first burial maybe being reinterred at dikkebus,

the aussie records are really good, and the memorial is even better as it gives a lot of eye wittness reports as well as other info ( if only ours was the same ),

friend of mine has guy on MENIN GATE as well as being buried( he was the only officer unaccounted for in cemetry so hes now down as being buried )

i would like to think my boy is buried as well,not one of the poor unfortunates with no known grave

barry

Barry

do you have a service number for James?

Paul

hi paul

30514 as you put in ure post , this boys medals/plaque scroll and a pic of group named is on its way (i hope )

cheers

barry

if you look on mic his father was capt RDC then general list (was gona check for previous service for him )