Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

2nd Battalion, Ox and Bucks Light Infantry

AndrewThornton

I have the following books that cover the activities of the 2nd Battalion, The Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry during 1914 up to 31st July 1915:

Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry Chronicle 1914

Contains a full nominal roll for the 2nd Battalion (by company and also by trade (Band, Bugles, Machine-Gun Section, Signal Section) and by sports teams (including Bayonet Fighters!) as on 31st July 1914.

Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry Chronicle 1914-15

Covers activities of all battalions from 4th August 1914 - 31st July 1915.

Lt.-Col. R.B.Crosse.: A Record of H.M.52nd Light Infantry in 1914.

Warwick 1st Ed.1956. A personalised account of the activities of the 2nd Battalion. Includes some interesting observations on battalion characters and the ethos within the unit.

Will do look-ups from these for anyone who may be interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Andrew, can you check to see if there is any mention of Pte Albert Taverner who joied the Battalion a couple of weeks after they first got to France, he was a special reservist.

Clint Lawson

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Gordon,

I have war record of 1/4thon the Somme from 17th july to the 29th exept the 20th,any of these days of help to you?

Nick

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Andrew

I was wondering if a Second Leuitenet Cecil Hurst - Brown is mentioned anyware. He was in the 2nd O and BLI and was killed a Givenchy on 25th Sept 1915. He is my wifes great uncle, he was the second of 2 sons to be killed within 3 months of each other! The shock sent their mother (my wifes great grandmother) mad - she spent the rest of her life in mental institutions. We have some information and photo's mainly about how and when he died - but little about his life in the unit before then. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Martin

• 18 years later...