The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Rfn J Pannett, 9th Bn, London Regiment

SiegeGunner

Could someone please tell me the meaning of the annotations in the Remarks section of this MIC.

Thanks in advance

Mick

post-11021-1191805936.jpg

Just bumping this one up in the hope that someone can help explain the annotations in the 'Remarks' section.

Thanks

Mick

• 1 year later...

Mick,

Do you remember my thread on this?

Cheers,

Carole.

Mick,

Oops, I mistakenly thought you were asking the same question I'd asked. Now I realise you're asking about the long strings of letters and numbers. Sorry.

Cheers,

Carole.

Hi Carole,

No problem. I asked that question over a year ago, but never got an answer. I've just passed on some of the Billinton material to the archivist at Worksop, as they feature a different man from their Memorial every year on November 11th, and I thought he would be especially suitable, having been a chorister.

Mick

Gosh, I spotted the October date but not the 2007! Hopefully someone might notice it now. I'd be interested to see the write-up/talk (whatever they do) on Billinton - see how they've pieced it together.

Oh by the way, I passed Billinton's photograph to Bill MacCormick (bmac) and Leslie is now included in the fallen of the QVR page on his Gommecourt website.

Cheers,

Carole.