Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Daily Ma*l DVD series

PhilB

Cheers Pighills,i am a bit dubious about giving My Details to this Company that are Supplying the Downloads....unwanted E-Mail comes to mind,still thanks for the Link,Regards Russ.

On these sorts of things I ALWAYS give the wrong information (ie: made up name and post code etc).

I have an email address which I have set up and I change the address of it regularly, so I'm not bothered by their constant circulars.

I have just done all of the above and successfully downloaded today's offerings (which I have saved BEFORE I open it so I can virus scan it first)

Armed with a peg over my nose and a sick bag at the ready I did it. Naturally the vile rag went into the bin outside the Newsagents and I've washed my hands with bleach. How's that for Dunkirk Spirit?

I am sure that the Mail News Group care not one Jot,as to what is done with their Publication after it has been Purchased.As for Dunkirk Spirit pray enlighten Me,If you Hate the Vile Rag so much why patronise it just to get a Freebie DVD,when the original DVD Boxed Set has already been available for Purchase for some considerable amount of Time ?... :D

just went over and got my copy(with a newspaper too) And although I have it on video no doubt Ill collect the rest too :D "MO"

Point Taken Terry. :)

Just on a point of interest, it is a 26 part series , parts 1/2 today & for the next three weeks, I presume that will be 18 days, (not a paper man) assuming there is a Sunday Mail , or will there be Sunday DVDs making 20 plus 2 today?????

Maybe there will be two more double DVD's, anyone know???

Colin :unsure:

Coastie, you can just save up all the vouchers from each day's papers then mail the lot to the DM office to receive the set in one go - it will just mean a few £'s postage on top.

That's right - I got The World At War series that way. It took about a month to arrive but saved an awful lot of running about to Smith's.

Marina

I don't think Sunday is included, umming and ahhing whether to get the vouchers instead and send them off. I have a Smiths 5 minutes away but I like the idea of the box and book to give away (or ebay and offset a few £'s... ;) ) - have it in hardback as I guess most of us have a copy anyway...

Remember that today's issue also contains the token to collect Monday's DVD from Smith's - in case anyone bins the paper it without cutting it out first!

ciao,

GAC

Sounds like at least one pal will have to buy a second copy of the paper to get the voucher which he threw away outside the newsagents. Some people are just too hasty.

And to add to that you will have missed a superb large format article with excellent reproduction of Great War colour photographs in the magazine section of today's Daily Mail accompanying the DVD giveaway.

And to add to that you will have missed a superb large format article with excellent reproduction of Great War colour photographs in the magazine section of today's Daily Mail accompanying the DVD giveaway.

I nearly forgot to ask - has anyone bothered looking in the magazine? there is another 3 pages inside which include some cracking postcards complete with background writing on them.

Already done.

Hi,

have just finished watching the first part. Years since I last watched it. Had to smile when I realised how much of it has gone into my teaching. Phrases like the Kaiser demanding Germany's "place in the sun" and Britain having an empire on which " the sun never sets". Real classic stuff".

Len

Sounds like at least one pal will have to buy a second copy of the paper to get the voucher which he threw away outside the newsagents. Some people are just too hasty.

As I read the details of the offer, today's token does not get you Monday's DVD - the token printed on Monday does that.

Today's token is one of the 12 you need to collect to get the set for 9.99.

But I am probably wrong!

No, Ian, you're not wrong! As if :o

Whichever way you choose to collect the series (and for whatever reason - keep, donate, send to charity, whatever...) be thankful to D**ly M**l, say I. :)

Jim

Yep, I agree with the other two (Ian and Jim) Monday's token is for Monday's DVD.

Although the series is in 26 episodes you need only collect 12 different tokens. That's one token for every two episodes of the outstanding 24 left (although the paper says it will send the entire collection of 26 episodes).

So if you collect them each day presumably you'll pick up a double episode DVD - same as today's.

The 12 tokens, in conjuntion with a £9.99 cheque for P & P and administration to be sent to an address to be published later.

Yep, I agree with the other two (Ian and Jim) Monday's token is for Monday's DVD.

Although the series is in 26 episodes you need only collect 12 different tokens. That's one token for every two episodes of the outstanding 24 left (although the paper says it will send the entire collection of 26 episodes).

So if you collect them each day presumably you'll pick up a double episode DVD - same as today's.

The 12 tokens, in conjuntion with a £9.99 cheque for P & P and administration to be sent to an address to be published later.

Quite right, I think - that serves me right for taking what someone else posts at face value!

Quite right, I think - that serves me right for taking what someone else posts at face value!

Mea culpa! :rolleyes: Having reread the instructions in the paper I see I got it wrong - the key is in the wording used. There's vouchers and tokens being printed. The vouchers are to be used for collecting the CD's on a daily basis at Smiths, whilst the tokens are for collecting by those who want to send off for the full set by post once they've collected 12 tokens - the first of which is in todays paper. The first voucher, on the other hand, doesn't appear 'till Monday. Apologies for my sloppy reading of these simple instructions!

ciao,

GAC

I had just enough time between the end of the Footie & start of Strictly Come Dancing to watch both of the 1st 2 parts.

WHAT A DAY.

Finished off by the Rugby!

My family don't understand me

Jane

No, Ian, you're not wrong! As if :o

Whichever way you choose to collect the series (and for whatever reason - keep, donate, send to charity, whatever...) be thankful to D**ly M**l, say I. :)

Jim

Well said Jim. :)

Those sensitive over buying the vile rag might take a nosy at ebay where, unsurprisingly, full sets of vouchers are being offered at eight or nine quid.

John

Having previously collected the World at War discs, it's worth mentioning that anyone hoping to send off for the discs later should be quick about it. As well as using the daily vouchers, I also sent off the tokens for a second set for a relative to be sent direct to them, but was a bit slow in dowing so, with the result that now, two months on, my cheque remains uncashed and the discs were never delivered. Oddly, the "presentation case" (really just a more elaborate thin card box) which I paid for a little bit earlier for my own set by credit card on the website did turn up. That release - and this one - has been a bit of a hot topic on vintage TV forums, and other peoiple have had similar experiences.