Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

12th Royal Fusiliers

DesK161

Hi,

Would anybody happen to have a copy of the war diary of 12th Royal Fusiliers for Jun 1917 please?

Des

Des

Kew record is WO95/2208, covering the 12RF from Aug 1915 to Feb 1918. This is downloadable from the Digital Express Service of the Catalogue on payment of a fee of 8.50 for 10 images,which is a 24 hour service. This would be enough images,probably, for the whole month of June 1917.

Best wishes

Sotonmate

Thanks for your help, it worked brilliantly! Got the results emailed on Monday and just what I was after.

Actually, not sure whether to thank you or not as this will probably cost me a fortune in future!

Cheers,

Des

• 8 months later...

Des,

Would there be any chance you could pass on a copy of the part of the war diary you got?

A big ask I know. I have family in UK at the moment and have asked them to get the war diary of the 12RF for the war. I did not realize costs etc when I asked them for that!!! I dare say they will get what they can.

I am not sure of why you wanted that month but what ever they glean, I would be more than happy to pass to yourself (I guess if it were before your posted date?).

My GG was in the 12RF from the start and then posted to the 6th. I am trying to gain as much info as possible in regards to his posted date so I know which battles he was in before being gassed and bayonetted - he survived the war. From what I have been told, he did not get to the 6th untill late in the war.

If its not possible, no worries. I appreciate your reply in advance.

All the best,

Peter

No worries - just send me a PM and I'll attach what I have.

Regards,

Des

• 1 month later...

Des,

you are a GEM! If there are ever any photos (old) that you would like to be 'refurbished', email them to me and I will do so for you.

Make sure you scan them in colour and to the largest file size.

Cheers mate.