Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Frenchman in Khaki

Guest Johnsonm

Michelle: I'm sorry to hear about your father. 

Can anyone help me with a query on this, please? Thanks to this topic, I'm interested in buying this book, and I see that Amazon and Abe both have copies available at what looks like a reasonable price. However, Abe have several offers of "Print on Demand" versions, again at a reasonable price. Am I better off buying the book or asking for a "Print on Demand" version, please?

Thank you.

Print on Demand may turn out to be a photographic reprint of an elderly copy, with dodgy reproduction. Personally I'd rather a second-hand "real" copy, but it's your choice :)

• 1 year later...

There have been two images posted on the forum of Paul Maze. Forum pal Guest came across the following article, with a photo of him smoking a pipe.
https://blog.churchillbookcollector.com/uncategorized/churchills-friendship-with-painter-paul-maze/

On 09/01/2020 at 21:44, keithmroberts said:

I'm attaching a photo from Part Three of "I was There" which came my way a couple of days ago.

2020-01-09_113952.jpg

Thanks Keith

There is a photo of him in later years, and of his <<passe partout>> in the books of DCM and MM awards to foreign recipients in WW1, privately published by Howard Williamson.

Maze's grand-daughter has loaned some of his photos to the Imperial War Museums Collection. Incidentally, the marriage of Jeanne Maze to Robert Spencer-Churchill is rather incredible, as I don't think either person was aware of the friendship between Maze and WSC.

• 2 weeks later...

Deleted my post - I repeated what I had written a few years back but had clean forgotten that until I looked at earlier posts after I had posted this one.

Age ...

Edited by nigelcave