Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1/4th loyal north lancs

barkalotloudly

a scarce and detailed unit history containing a list of honours and awards plus a full casualty list.

best regards John

• 3 years later...

a scarce and detailed unit history containing a list of honours and awards plus a full casualty list.

best regards John

Hello John,

I'm interested in the history of the 1/4 Loyals on 8/9/10 and 11 November 1918. Would be grateful if you could share the info,

King regards and thanks from Flanders,

Jef

A copy of the history of 4th TF Bn Loyals is held in Bolton Central Library in the Local history Shelves (in the library not the local Archive). There may also be a copy in Horwich branch library. F coy 4th Tf Bn was based in Horwich.

My wife works in their old drill hall, now a community resource centre.

EDited by Bill24chev

Just realised Von smallhausen,you are a long way from Lancashire UK. Next time I am in the Library I will look up the book Is there anything specific you need to know that may be in the book.

A copy of the history of 4th TF Bn Loyals is held in Bolton Central Library in the Local history Shelves (in the library not the local Archive). There may also be a copy in Horwich branch library. F coy 4th Tf Bn was based in Horwich.

My wife works in their old drill hall, now a community resource centre.

EDited by Bill24chev

Just realised Von smallhausen,you are a long way from Lancashire UK. Next time I am in the Library I will look up the book Is there anything specific you need to know that may be in the book.

Thank you so much Bill. Just would like to know what the 1/4 Loyals were doing. Being a unit of the 164th Bde, 55th Div, the Bn. was on 8/9/10 and 11 November 1918 somewhere in the area of Tournai, Belgium. Was the Bn. on active duty, in support or in reserve?

Kind regards from Flanders,

Jef

Perhaps this online book may be of some use?

http://www.archive.o...ge/n11/mode/2up

Of Course, Dear IPT. Thank you. Is there somewhere a list of the online books?

Hello, Bill 24chev, I found what I was looking for. Thank you

And kind regards from Flanders,

Jef