Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Riga Offensive

Gyrene

Mart,

Your inbox is full so I decided to start a thread. Did you ever collect that info on Riga? Or if anyone else has some information on the battle it would be appreciated.

'lo 'lo,

Bruce Gudmundsson published a keen analysis of this important engagement. His piece focuses on the German perspective [as a model for later offensive operations], artillery particularly, but his account is very useful. The bibliography will also reveal some very good sources for you.

B. I. Gudmundsson, Stormtroop Tactics : Innovation in the German Army, 1914-1918 (West Port, Conn., 1995).

Kind Regards,

SMJ

Thanks for the replies. I've been curious about this battle for years now but have found very little information on it. I need to read that Stormtrooper book. Peter I love the picture of the Germans conducting the river assault.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the replies. I've been curious about this battle for years now but have found very little information on it. I need to read that Stormtrooper book. Peter I love the picture of the Germans conducting the river assault.

Battles in Jakobstadt area. Sep 5-10 1915

http://trooper.bms.lt/view_photo.php?full=...obstat1915_sept