Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1 king own

hello

I seek information on the 1 king own's of the 4 division of mid-October at at the beginning of November. I know that it was in the sector of Valencian.

Many thank

Towards the end of October 1918, 1/Kings Own were in brigade support when the Lancashire Fusiliers and the Essex Regiment took the high ground east of Queranaing (Battle of the Selle).

When the company commander was killed, 2/Lt E. Daniel took over command of his company, pushed out patrols and made good the line of the railway. At 6pm the enemy counter attacked with no success and he moved his company to support the Essex Regiment.

Later that night (October 23rd) 1/KOwn moved into the front line and were relieved on the 28th when they went into divisional reserve with 12th Brigade.

On Nov 1st, 1 K/Own took part in the initial assaults of the Battle of Valenciennes.

Pete

Pete

Large thank you for this information.

or will be able I to find the reports/ratios of this unitee??

if they exist?

Because I have that of the 2 Essex regiment and I do not find enough information to define their course during the release of my village querenaing

cedric

Cedric

You may find more information if you e-mail Peter Donnelly at the Kings Own museum in Lancaster. He is a very helpfull person. (kingsownmuseum@iname.com)

The information I have comes from a book by Colonel. J.M. Cowper called "The Kings Own" The Story Of A Royal Regiment. Volume 3.

Pete