Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

'El Mussalabeh' (near Jerusalem?)

steve fuller

Hi Pals

Does anyone have a map with the above on it please? I have loads from the other sector of the lines around the time but nothing from there!!

Also, if the Wadi and Ridge running through squares Y.5.c.8.0., Y.11.a.3.0.9., Y.10.d.8.0. is on it, that woudl be superb, thank you.

Many thanks

Hi Pals

Does anyone have a map with the above on it please? I have loads from the other sector of the lines around the time but nothing from there!!

Also, if the Wadi and Ridge running through squares Y.5.c.8.0., Y.11.a.3.0.9., Y.10.d.8.0. is on it, that woudl be superb, thank you.

Many thanks

Steve!

Mussalbeh is not near Jerusalem but rather south Jordan valley, not too far north of Jericho. It is on the (high resolution) "map 18" of the OBWH map box of the Egypt&Palestibe volume. The "Imp Camel Brigade" positions are marked in its vicinity.

Tell me if you need that section scanned.

:lol: well, that was close then!! I wrongly assumed it was in that area as the man I am studying is buried in Jerusalem cemetery so it serves me right! Probably also explains why I could not see it for looking on any map I studied. Duh!

If convenient wroclaw, I would live a scan please. Im on steve@bedfordregiment.org.uk but if too much hassle, really dont worry as Ill grab a pic when I go to Kew next time in a few weeks or so. Either way, thanks for the info though!!

Cheers for now ...

:lol: well, that was close then!! I wrongly assumed it was in that area as the man I am studying is buried in Jerusalem cemetery so it serves me right! Probably also explains why I could not see it for looking on any map I studied. Duh!

If convenient wroclaw, I would live a scan please. Im on steve@bedfordregiment.org.uk but if too much hassle, really dont worry as Ill grab a pic when I go to Kew next time in a few weeks or so. Either way, thanks for the info though!!

Cheers for now ...

It just went on its way. Hope it help.

Brilliant! Very grateful to you wroclaw and my thanks once again! Im off to collect it ...

Mates,

Are we talking about the sketch map 26 next to page 357 of the OBWH part one.

S.B

:blink: easy for you to say Steve!

It was a part of "Map 18" if that helps? Has the river Jordan running vertically along the right side of the section wroclaw sent me ...

Steve!

That is a (segment of) large and detailed map included in the "map volume" (I believe now it is on disc) of the OBWH. I guess Mussalbeh is mentioned also in one of the small maps that are in the book itselt.

Mates,

No worries I think we are talking about the same map which covers the Bridgehead battles and Camel Corps fighting in April 1918.

By the way mate someone on the LH Assoc webb sight was after someone with details and maps of the Beersheba area for a visit.

His name is Jean Bou and he works for the AWM.

I mentioned to contact you but if not you may get in touch with him on the LH assoc webb site or EMail.

I think you two should have a lot to talk about.

Cheers

S.B

post-7789-1187127966.jpgpost-7789-1187128019.jpg

Steve!

I got this giant scanned in pieces and no "picture puzzle" progran can make a reasonable connection to it.... This is the title of that map: tell me if you need all segments.

As for Jean Boe - got his e mail (saw your answer to him at the ALH forum) and he got my reply. He is not "just on a visit" but rather a lecturer in this conference:

http://www.ww1-israel.org/UserFiles/Image/118665083443.pdf

I will have the right people connect with him. Still wating for his answer. Thank you again.

g