Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

New book. 15th Bn Lancashire Fusiliers 1914-1916

Drummy

Just a short message to let you know that a book titled - 'God's Own' 1st Salford Pals 1914-1916, An account of the 15th (Service) Battalion, Lancashire Fusiliers - will be available to purchase at the end of this month. The book covers the formation of this Battalion in Salford in 1914, training in the UK, its time in the trenches in France from November 1915 and into 1916, preparations for the Somme offensive, and then covers it's virtual destruction attacking Thiepval on July 1st 1916, the first day of the Battle of the Somme, full details of those who were killed,DofW, known wounded and prisoners etc. It is crammed with information, aswell as photographs and some maps. There is also an A-Z roll, listing all known original pals who served in the battalion from its raising in 1914 upto July 1st 1916. The book is very reasonably priced at £5.75 plus p&p. A4 size, card cover, 83 pages. It has been researched by Roger Dowson and myself (Neil Drum). Please email me if you would like to order copies or for further information about the book.

My contact is neil.drum@btopenworld.com