Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

SDGW lookup please

Max (UK)

Hi folks - please can someone look up James Knowles of Dukinfield, Cheshire for me?

I'm hoping SDGW will tell me that his parents were Squire and Elizabeth....or that his year of birth was 1886. If so I have another relative lost in WW1.

Thanks

Max.

Max.

You won't get that info from SDGW. The only extra info that you get (as opposed to CWGC) is (possibly) place of birth, enlistment and residence, and a rough cause of death. Occasionally you'll also get mention of former service, but not much else.

Dave

Pte 268414 James J KNOWLES

13 Btn King's (Liverpool) Regt

Resided Dukinfield, Cheshire

Enlisted Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancs

Died 03/06/1918

formerly 4231 Manchester Regt

Bob Kerr

Hi, James Knowles son of Squire and Elizabeth Knowles lived 109 Cecil Street Dukinfield in 1901 born approx 1887 siblings were Samuel, William, John, Squire and Elizabeth. From Ancestry.Co If you need any more info PM me or put it on here and I will sort it for you Regards Ralph.

Thanks Dave and Bob :)

Ralph thank you as well, although the problem I now have is that although the one you have listed does seem like the most likely candidate (and that one is my relative), there are 3 other James Knowles from Dukinfield on the 1901 census, although the others are all older - which is why I'm confident it is my relative, but just need that bit of proof - either a date of birth, address or parents names !

I guess I need to check out the Dukinfield papers............