Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Night Shift in And Above Flanders Fields

egbert

Eddie and also Mick and Martin,

in our sketches we have both showed exceptional pictures from private WW1 collections (surely for my part) never ever seen before. The (non) reaction/participation by others (compared with more trivial endless Skindle discussions) was non existent. The crowd here has changed. 2 years ago we would have had all together a lot of fun and were eager to see more WW1 pics from private collections.

I liked the pictures but couldn't think of a witty enough response to join in the discussion. I assume that the first 13 are from a museum. If so, which one?

Egbert, the Entente is in the air again. I won't repeat what the rider is saying....

post-1473-1184006381.jpg

Robert

Correct, its the Air&Space Museum in Washington D.C.

Thanks, I should have recognised them as I've been there, although I was quite rushed as I started on the space stuff & didn't leave long enough for WWI.

Eddie and also Mick and Martin,

in our sketches we have both showed exceptional pictures from private WW1 collections (surely for my part) never ever seen before. The (non) reaction/participation by others (compared with more trivial endless Skindle discussions) was non existent. The crowd here has changed. 2 years ago we would have had all together a lot of fun and were eager to see more WW1 pics from private collections. So lets stop it here - and Eddie, we might continue somewhere else ;)

I'm afraid I can't agree with you, Egbert. According to the 'Views' counter, 335 people have looked at this thread so far — and I think they have been watching it like a tennis match between yourself and Eddy, not wanting to intervene for fear of interrupting your 'rallies'. Personally, I was hoping that it would become a triangular contest, with Malte also joining in — as we know that he too has a very fine sense of humour and a magnificent collection of photographs. The 'spell' has been broken now, but it was brilliant while it lasted. It's always a pleasure to see 'exhibitions' of photos from members' collections, but it was doubly delightful to see you both producing cleverly chosen photos to illustrate the exchange of humorous banter between you — and I hope you will do it again some time in the future.

Mick

Hi Egbert

Sorry if you're upset, I thought you were taking it all in good part. I was just putting my little spokes in the wheels.

I thought your thread was a good one and I liked the shots you used to illustrate your story. I look forward to seeing more of them.

cheers Martin B

• 2 weeks later...

Cnock has sent this note via diplomatic channels on the condition to stay anonym in fear of GWF reprisals

post-80-1184956397.jpg

...and in the mean time STROPP has landed...

post-7723-1184959081.jpg

Stropp has clearly perfected the art of vertical landing. Unfortunately, vertical take-off was still many years in the future ...

Another myth to destroy the integrity of Stropp and all other night shifters. Stropp flies an Albatross and Cnock fakes a Fokker plane (what a cheap fake photo). His Fokker plane collages in the propaganda picture (see above) actually is the a/c from the famous "dunes" crash shown here

....the pic was taken by one of our secrets agents at Your airfield.

We can revele his identity because we just removed him.

He had an affair with one of Your female auxiliaries, she is now pregnant, if it is a boy she will call him Heinrich....

post-7723-1184961168.jpg

Statements such as "no, no " are no proof! A Fokker stays a Fokker and an Albatros stays an Albatros. In front of the public you have been caught with your pack of lies.

Besides, Heinrich is a double agent, after delivering the fakes to the enemy he returned back to duty and was awarded the Iron Cross for exemplary deception out of - yes the hand of the Kaiser. See proof of picture (shown is the ceremony one day after he delivered the fake photo )

post-80-1184962386.jpg

Heinrich is sitting next to me,

the bunch You are showing were pictured before they dressed for the fake parade,

ordinary soldiers on the 'Donnerbalken'

I don't think the Kaiser and his son would like to be seen, with their trousers down

post-7723-1184962718.jpg

As Siege Gunner said, Stropp tried to perfect the vertical landing, another pic from his secret file...

post-7723-1184963295.jpg

That is an incredible feat of vertical landing — on top of a coal bunker, and only inches away from a large fuel tank and a depot of petrol drums.

Rubbish, Stropp is back on base , plane turned around by -night shift!... and already prepared for weapon system display to attract allied customers who will visit the aerodrome today

post-80-1185014378.jpg

Although we have proofed that Cnock spreads all fake photos (remember a Fokker stays Fokker and Albatros V stays Albatros V) the double agent's deception is based on a mix of true and false stories. The true story is the affair, still ongoing on the safe side of the front now; Marina here is a picture from this morning with Heinrich baby and the civilian tross being evacuated from the war zone due to Brit bombardments

post-80-1185015235.jpg

weapon system display for 2 machine guns?

may be too complexe for Stropp?

Cnock

weapon system display for 2 machine guns?

may be too complexe for Stropp?

Cnock

Well this Brit Farman is not too complex either with the one MG, huh?

This showroom quality plane was exhibited-to-sell to the Belgium allies by the Brits

post-80-1185015732.jpg

Egbert,

You call this chicken shed a plane?

May be You can use it for Your mock airfield.

May I remind You that about machine guns the Belgians had nothing to learn from the Germans.

Thanks to Belgium, US Colonel LEWIS could develop his famous Lewis gun there before the war.

The Belgian air force did already trials with Lewis guns mounted in planes, while German pilots only had startedl to learn to fly.

Meldegänger, take this to the Feldküche ...

Jawohl, mein Kaiser — "Vier-Jahreszeiten-Pizza with extra jalapenos; Bratwurst with chips and mayonnaise; Jägerschnitzel with mushrooms ..."

post-11021-1185018966.jpg