Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

My Grandfather

Terence Munson

In memory of my grandfather. Gunner Robert Munson No 821275, 'V' 59th T. M. Battery R.F.A. Killed in action near Templeux-le-Guerard, France 90 years ago today, Friday 6th July 1917, Age 27. His son, (my father) was just five weeks old.

I visited my Grandfather’s war grave for the first time in 2001. It was a memorable moment with an overwhelming sense of gratitude to those who had tended his grave for so many years. This is the photo of his headstone taken that day.

rm90th.jpg

Rest in peace

Cheers Terry

To your grandfather, 'Requiescat in pace' - RIP.

• 3 weeks later...

Clearly not forgotten...

Bernard

Guest davies 1st bty
In memory of my grandfather. Gunner Robert Munson No 821275, 'V' 59th T. M. Battery R.F.A. Killed in action near Templeux-le-Guerard, France 90 years ago today, Friday 6th July 1917, Age 27. His son, (my father) was just five weeks old.

I visited my Grandfather’s war grave for the first time in 2001. It was a memorable moment with an overwhelming sense of gratitude to those who had tended his grave for so many years. This is the photo of his headstone taken that day.

rm90th.jpg

Rest in peace

Cheers Terry

may he never be forgotten,rest in peace

from gnr r davies,1st bty 14 regt r.a

Thanks for reminding us why we do this

RIP Robert...

Rest in peace

Cheers Terry

It must be wonderfull to be mentioned on the world wide web, 90 years after your untimely death.

Rest in peace, 'Gunner' Robert Munson.

And thank you.

Terry

He is not forgotten

Brian

God rest and bless his soul.

With respect

Susan.

How fragile is life, and our very existence.

So very true - My dad was an orphan before he was five and the only survivor of Robert’s family, (Flue pandemic took his mother, sister, and brother), but from this fragile beginning came 3 Gd.Children, 7 Gt.Gd.Children and 18 Gt.Gt.Gd.Children.

Sincere thanks for the thoughtful replies, and to all that viewed, and last but not least, to Chris Baker for this unique platform to remember this anniversary.

Cheers Terry

Rest peacefully

Jonathan

A thought for your grand father. So young.

I'm french and 34 years old, and it is important to read your post.

Guillaume

Terry

I say "A man is not dead until he is forgotten"

John