Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

National Roll of the Great War

Raster Scanning

John

Please can you look in the Southampton volume for this man:

Pte. 3100 (&/or 306654) Percy George BAKER Hampshire Regiment.

Thanks in advance

Steve

John

Please can you look in the Southampton volume for this man:

Pte. 3100 (&/or 306654) Percy George BAKER Hampshire Regiment.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Plenty of Bakers some with the Hampshires, none are your man. I live in hope of helping someone :(

Hi John,

Just a quick line to say thanks for looking up those names for me - just a pity none were recorded in the volumes!

Do you have any idea why the chap from Battersea would not have been included in the London volumes? Were the rolls just completed for certain boroughs and parishes?

cheers

Steve

John

Plenty of Bakers some with the Hampshires, none are your man.

Thanks for looking anyway, as always it's much appreciated.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

John,

I would be grateful if you could find any information on the following person in the Southampton volume:

Name: ALBERT DERKIN

Nationality: United Kingdom

Regiment: Dorset Regiment

Service No: 7554

Many Thanks

Nick

• 3 weeks later...
Guest leibregiment100

John, would love to have details on any soldiers named to "Biddle" mainly London and Birmingham, many thanks, Paul :)

Hi john

I'm new to this but i was wandering if you could look up some names please. I am researching the names EMLY and MUSGUIN but the only names i know of are below.

Bertie Musguin, 8780, 1st Bn. Norfolk Regiment. Died 25 Feb 1915 Belguim?.

John Emly, A/201319, King's Royal Rifle Corps. Died 14 Aug 1917 Ypres.

Thank you

Jenny

John

When you've got a few spare minutes please can you look in the Birmingham volume for any of these EELES men: James, Frank, Charles and William.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Hi John,

If possible could you check to see if the London volumes have a mention of Serjeant Percy Alexander GATES, of the 1/7th Middlesex Regiment. Parents lived in the Stroud Green, London area. He died on 7th October 1916.

Many Thanks

Andy

John,

Have you got anything for Private John Farrer 19455 of the 11th Border Regiment, born Gaitskill (near Carlisle), living in Carlisle and enlisted Carlisle, Cumberland.

John

When you have time, can you look up the following three relatives of mine from Uxbridge, Middx.

Charles Alexander Slatter of the 1/8 Middlesex Regiment. Full details are in my signature.

Also his brother George Henry Slatter of the 1st KRRC, a POW captured Christmas 1914.

Daniel Miles of the RE.

thanks in adavance.....Ian.

Hi John,

Just a quick line to say thanks for looking up those names for me - just a pity none were recorded in the volumes!

Do you have any idea why the chap from Battersea would not have been included in the London volumes? Were the rolls just completed for certain boroughs and parishes?

cheers

Steve

Hi.

By no means was everyone recorded. It is unclear how names were chosen, some say families paid for the entry, but I also knew a man from Bedford who was included in that section. He stated not only did he not pay, he also could not remember being consulted.

Bit of a mystery really.

John.

John,

I would be grateful if you could find any information on the following person in the Southampton volume:

Name: ALBERT DERKIN

Nationality: United Kingdom

Regiment: Dorset Regiment

Service No: 7554

Many Thanks

Nick

Sorry not listed

John, would love to have details on any soldiers named to "Biddle" mainly London and Birmingham, many thanks, Paul :)

Paul.

This from B'ham

post-16-1085137303.jpg

And this from Section 2 London.

post-16-1085137648.jpg

Do you have any of my chaps mentioned below. They were all from London except Sidney Ralph Tyrrell (Bristol/Taunton).

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Andy

Just a line to say I am working on the requests that come after Paul's Biddle request I will reply shortly.

John.

Dear Jenny/Emly.

I was unable to find either of your men in the London sections (I did a bit of research and see that both were Londoners).

I presume you have checked CWGC and 1901 census?

CWGC gives additional info about Emly (age, wife and previous unit) less info on Musguin but the census shows he (Musguin) was 4 years old in 1901.

Emly does not appear on the Medal Roll Index online yet, he must be one of the 14% of the 'E's not yet transcribed ('M's are not yet avaliable).

As you have used Emly as your Forum name I presume you have a special interest in this name. I found one Emly in London. It is an unusual name and he may be related to your man.

John.

post-16-1085184356.jpg

John

When you've got a few spare minutes please can you look in the Birmingham volume for any of these EELES men: James, Frank, Charles and William.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Is this one of your men?

Only one in B'ham section.

John.

post-16-1085184754.jpg

Hi John,

If possible could you check to see if the London volumes have a mention of Serjeant Percy Alexander GATES, of the 1/7th Middlesex Regiment. Parents lived in the Stroud Green, London area. He died on 7th October 1916.

Many Thanks

Andy

Sorry, he is not listed.

John.

John,

Have you got anything for Private John Farrer 19455 of the 11th Border Regiment, born Gaitskill (near Carlisle), living in Carlisle and enlisted Carlisle, Cumberland.

Sorry Spike.

The Carlisle area was not covered in the 14 volumes produced.

John.

John

When you have time, can you look up the following three relatives of mine from Uxbridge, Middx.

Charles Alexander Slatter of the 1/8 Middlesex Regiment. Full details are in my signature.

Also his brother George Henry Slatter of the 1st KRRC, a POW captured Christmas 1914.

Daniel Miles of the RE.

thanks in adavance.....Ian.

Sorry all 3 not listed.

John.

John,

Many thanks for looking anyway.

Andy