Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

lost medals

elainethimble

Hi i,m trying to find my relatives lost medals.I know its a long shot but here goes anyway;NATHAN BRADLEY 277624 MANCHESTER REG; JOHN BRADLEY 3337 CHESHIRE REGIMENT; WALTER SUMMERFIELD CHESHIRE REGIMENT. Any info or tips on anyway i might track them down would be very gratefully recieved.Have visited all there graves and would be great if i could find the medals or regimental photos many thanks Elaine.

welcome

you could also try an advert in "Medal News"

welcome

you could also try an advert in "Medal News"

Hi bit new to all this ,how do i do that thanks Elaine

hello

try this link - medal news is a magazine suprisingly medal related! You can adverise for missing medals for a few ££

http://www.tokenpublishing.com/

and the best of British

Hello Elaine

This may sound like a daft question, but how do you know they are lost?

Andy

I think she means that she doesnt know where they are

Hello Elaine

This may sound like a daft question, but how do you know they are lost?

Andy

No family members have been able to trace them

you could check the medal cards and rolls to make sure they got issued in the first place - or you could be looking for something that isnt there

• 13 years later...
On 28/05/2007 at 16:12, elainethimble said:

Hi i,m trying to find my relatives lost medals.I know its a long shot but here goes anyway;NATHAN BRADLEY 277624 MANCHESTER REG; JOHN BRADLEY 3337 CHESHIRE REGIMENT; WALTER SUMMERFIELD CHESHIRE REGIMENT. Any info or tips on anyway i might track them down would be very gratefully recieved.Have visited all there graves and would be great if i could find the medals or regimental photos many thanks Elaine.

Elaine I know where the medals are there with Nathan's grandson ( my grandfather) how are Nathan and John relate to you? Nathan is my great great grandfather. John great great uncle.

57 minutes ago, da11 said:

Elaine I know where the medals are there with Nathan's grandson ( my grandfather) how are Nathan and John relate to you? Nathan is my great great grandfather. John great great uncle.

Hi,

The OP hasn’t signed in or posted in the forum for over 10 years so is unlikely to see your post.

You ought to send her a personal message via the forum system. If she still has the email she used when she joined the forum she ought to get your message.

Good Luck

Steve

On 10/12/2020 at 10:13, da11 said:

Many thanks for info.I,m related through my grandmother Florence Bradley.Paid my respects to both soldiers at their graves in France and Galipoli. Always wondered what became of the medals but nice to know there in the right place.Any chance of a picture to add to my archives.I believe your grandfather may be Dennis and your dad Steven, is this correct?, kind regards Elaine

• 8 months later...

KòHi elaine sorry ive only just seen your reply 9months later. Yes thats correct my grandfather is Dennis bradley still with us and his wife. Florence bradley was her father ira? Nathan bradley had 3 sons with mary elizabeth on 1911 census 

Albert b. 1906 -1988 ( had 1 of his fathers ww1 medals ) 

Nathan bradley b 1908- 1979( my great grandfather ) had the other medal.

Samuel bradley b 1910 -1916 

I do recall seeing florence im sure she was one of ira and rachels daughters??

I have only 1 photo of nathan bradley which is the one on the internet. Id love to have any pictures of info you have if you have any in your archives? X

ok thanks.Not sure if if were on the same family.I live in mobberley and the soldiers are the ones in Siddington church that are related to me.Do you live local and we could meet up and compare notes etc , regards Elaine

Yes all saints church siddington there john bradley and nathan bradley on the plague's on the wall. If there related to you how is he related to you. (Nathan bradley 1917) his wife later remarried in 1923 to a guy called williby worth. 

I live near bury and you live near knutsford? 

Can you tell me how your related how is florence related to nathan? 

think we have a misunderstanding.My grandmother is called Florence Bradley and John and Nathan were her Uncles.My auntie is called Carol Birtles and Florence was her mother .What is your name and family connection so i can add to my family archives, regards Elaine