Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Casualty Clearing Stations Menin Rd April 1915

JMO

Its a long shot but I am looking for any references or maps to CCS along the Menin Rd during April 1915 - 2nd Ypres.

In particular Northumberland Fusiliers.

The CCS i am looking for was shelled and all killed within on 26/4/1915.

Thanks in advance.

There were never any CCSs along the Menin Road during the entire war. The nearest CCS to the section of the Menin Road used by the British Army in April 1915 was at Vlamertinghe, west of Ypres. I am presuming you probably mean an Advanced Dressing Station, of which there were several along the Menin Road, especially in the area of the now Menin Road South Cemetery.

There were never any CCSs along the Menin Road during the entire war. The nearest CCS to the section of the Menin Road used by the British Army in April 1915 was at Vlamertinghe, west of Ypres. I am presuming you probably mean an Advanced Dressing Station, of which there were several along the Menin Road, especially in the area of the now Menin Road South Cemetery.

Paul

You are absolutely right, I meant to say Dressing Station.

Do you have any details, maps, links regarding these stations along the Menin rd?

I will investigate the Menin Road South Cemetery.

Thanks.

John

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya

recieved from the medical Museum near Aldershot photocopy of pages concerning 2nd Ypres & medical set-up. The details are taken from the Medical services general history (HMSO 1923) & plot the variouse locations of medical posts as they were forced to move during the fighting. If you feel they will be of use i can mail copies of them them to you no problem

bob.mech00@tiscali.co.uk

Regards

Bob

• 2 weeks later...