Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

royal northumberland fusiliers

moonloon

does anyone have any information on the activities of the 1/4, 1/5 and for 1918 the 2nd battalions of the Northumberland Fusiliers. All units with which my great uncle served and with the 2nd won the military medal...no details known why..

This website on 1/4 Northumberland Fusiliers might be of interest

1/4 Northumberland Fusiliers

Mike S

Moonloon

The following link to the 'mother' site The Long, Long Trail http://www.1914-1918.net/northfus.htm will give you details of all battalions by following through the links to the divisions they formed part of.

I have the published book of the history of the 1st and 2nd Battalions in the Great War if you give me the dates you are interested in I could give you a brief resume or if you PM me with your e-mail I could send you extract of the relevent pages for 2nd Bn.

Peter

• 1 year later...
Moonloon

The following link to the 'mother' site The Long, Long Trail http://www.1914-1918.net/northfus.htm will give you details of all battalions by following through the links to the divisions they formed part of.

I have the published book of the history of the 1st and 2nd Battalions in the Great War if you give me the dates you are interested in I could give you a brief resume or if you PM me with your e-mail I could send you extract of the relevent pages for 2nd Bn.

Peter

I should also be grateful for any information from the Unit histories. My grandfather, Edward Rumney, was a private in the 2nd Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers. From the War Diary, I know it was at Vierstraat. He died of wounds on 13th July 1915. His records have been destroyed unfortunately so am anxious for any further information on him or indeed what was happening to his battalion at that time. Many thanks for your help.

• 5 months later...
Guest lol.stoker

:rolleyes:

This website on 1/4 Northumberland Fusiliers might be of interest

1/4 Northumberland Fusiliers

Hello, so glad to have found and joined this site and discovered the link to the Northumberland Fusiliers. My great grand father was JOHN STOKER and I do know he was in the Northd Fuseliers but that is all I know. I see that there is indeed a JOHN STOKER on your list. Is there any other info you could provide me with? I would be very grateful to make a connection so I can proceed with my investigations into my family tree as I am the last Stoker in my line. I have managed to trace detailed information about other members of the family who were in the Royal Marine light infantry (land locked sailor) and the Navy, but this is the first time I am looking into the Army.

Lorraine Stoker

Mike S