Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

WWI videos...

Promo Trailer for new film script "The 34th Battalion" - another proposal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUqj8xRh6Eg...ted&search=

and another touching video...

Christmas in the Trenches....

Does anyone know if the following website has any material other than what is available elsewhere on the web about WWI?

https://www.military-genealogy.com/

Everyone want a few £'s!

Thanks,

A..

Does anyone know if the following website has any material other than what is available elsewhere on the web about WWI?

https://www.military-genealogy.com/

Well, the information on this website isn't generally available elsewhere on the internet anyway. The information on it is freely available for purchase in its entirity (for a price!), but if it's only a few look-ups needed, this website is ideal. (alternatively, a person could always pose their questions on here as many members have the info thats on there in their own possesion (there's nothing on there that I don't carry in my laptop case or can't access with a short trip up the stairs, for example) and you could gain the same information for free).

Dave

Well, the information on this website isn't generally available elsewhere on the internet anyway. The information on it is freely available for purchase in its entirity (for a price!), but if it's only a few look-ups needed, this website is ideal. (alternatively, a person could always pose their questions on here as many members have the info thats on there in their own possesion (there's nothing on there that I don't carry in my laptop case or can't access with a short trip up the stairs, for example) and you could gain the same information for free).

Dave

Cool, thanks!

An example... the name Floody returns

1 return Soldiers Died in the Great War 1914-1919

He is found in the CWG website... nothing new there.

The name Lowry returns lots - there were a few in the officer ranks with the name.

The National Roll of the Great War shows 10.

I am looking for Luke Lowry from Selby, YKS? Listed as expatriated POW and died in 1919.

I noted that there is a CD of the above for 285 ls. Bit dear!!

TIA,

Ann

well, here's your Floody ( a couple of items of info extra to the CWGC)... (no Nat.Roll volume for louth)...

post-357-1178581073.jpg

No Luke Lowry's listed on SDGW (or ODGW) .1919 is very hit and miss for this anyway as most regiment's lists were nearing completion if not already nearly in print at this point. (selby's not covered in the nat.roll either)

Not much for you there,I know, but at least it's saved you forking out cash to be told the same from the website! :)

Dave

>Not much for you there,I know, but at least it's saved you forking out cash to be told the same from the website! :)

Dave, Thanks a bunch!

Amazing this Internet!

Ann