Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Battle Ground Europe series

celestine47

Hello,

I have just had a copy of this series delivered this morning, "The Redan Ridge" I have now finished my search after years!, this series is a Godsend for anyone looking for the battles a relative took part in. I have had a brief look through the book and already found three of the trenches mentioned in the war diaries for my grandfathers regiment. I believe the Redan Ridge one is the last in the Somme series, thr Redan Ridge was a neglected affair as it falls between the more popular and well know walks of the Serre and Beaumont Hamel area.

This series is a must for anyone. crh

I agree, they are very good. And mostly written by enthusiasts and it shows. "MO"

I have the ones covering the Early Battles. As such they were until recently almost unique. They are still by far the best detail.

Redan Ridge has been available for a few years.

Mick

Redan Ridge has been available for a few years.

Mick

yes there have been a few things available for a few years which I do not know about but came to my attention only through the excellent advice through this forum! :wub: crh

The latest 'flyer' that I got from Pen & Sword was offering some of the BG Europe books for approx £4 each if you wanted to expand your library/collection!

Regards and Happy reading,

Scottie.