Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

War Diaries

fellop

Greetings to all,

Have copies of the following, glad to do look ups and copies.

25 Squdron RFC Record Book for period 1305 hrs to 1707hrs 3rd April 1917.

18th Bn DLI for period 25 September - 30th September 1918.

13th Bn Rifle Brigade for period 1st April - 12th April 1917, Plus Account of Arras 1917, (Action of the 13th Rifle Brigade) covers period 7th April - 12th April. Includes list of Officers.

9th Bn DLI for period 1st March - 31st March 1918.

2nd Bn Grenadier Guards for period 25th March - 31st March 1918

10th Bn West Yorkshire Regt for period 5th September - 25th September 1918.

60th Bn Machine Gun Company for period 16th September - 24th September 1918. Plus Narrative of Operations 60th Machine Gun Company 19th September - 23 September 1918.

Narrative of the loss of HMS Louvain 20th January 1918 to include notes from the Courts Martial and sketch maps of the Submarine attack.

Regards

Peter.

• 1 year later...

Peter,

I am interested in the WD for the 13th Bn. Rifle Brigade.

Regards, Ted

Hi Peter,

A copy of the 13th Rifle Brigade would be great if at all possible, Thanks

Andy

• 1 month later...

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the offer of a look up, it's greatly appreciated. On that note, I have a relative who died of wounds 15/09/18, and is buried in MONT HUON ,ILITARY CEMETARY. This would suggest that he was wounded some time before (i would think). Would it be possible for you to look up in your diary, and see if you have any information on the following please.

Name Heald, William Bagshaw

Rank Pte

Regiment West Yorkshire Regt (prince of wales own)

Unit 10Bn

Age 21

Date of Death 15/09/1918

Service Number 56530

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Glynn.

I have just purchased a photocopy of the War Diary of the 160 Siege Battery, Royal Garrison Artillery. It covers the period September 1916 ( when the battery embarked for France) to the end of September 1917. June and July 1917 are missing. I do not know whether this is a copying error or whether the two months have been lost.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Peter,

Got your letter today. Very interesting. Thanks for all your help, let me know if i owe you the postage.

Glynn

• 11 months later...

Peter,

I'd be very interested in receiving copies of this item:

"Narrative of the loss of HMS Louvain 20th January 1918 to include notes from the Courts Martial and sketch maps of the Submarine attack."

I'll cover any expences.

Thanks,

Chris.

• 6 months later...

Hello Peter, I would appreciate very much copies of the War Diary for the 9th Bn DLI for period 1st March - 31st March 1918. Thanks.

Regards,

Ron

• 1 year later...

Narrative of the loss of HMS Louvain 20th January 1918 to include notes from the Courts Martial and sketch maps of the Submarine attack.

Hello Peter,

I know your original post was a long time ago but I would be very, very grateful for a copy of the Louvain loss narrative. My wifes Grandfather was travelling in her when she was sunk, survived and later served on HMS Monitor, now preserved at Portsmouth as one of only two surviving WW1 Royal Navy warships. I am compiling a history of his life for the family and the people restoring HMS Monitor.

I would happily meet any costs involved.

Regards

Chris

• 3 months later...
Greetings to all,

Have copies of the following, glad to do look ups and copies.

25 Squdron RFC Record Book for period 1305 hrs to 1707hrs 3rd April 1917.

18th Bn DLI for period 25 September - 30th September 1918.

13th Bn Rifle Brigade for period 1st April - 12th April 1917, Plus Account of Arras 1917, (Action of the 13th Rifle Brigade) covers period 7th April - 12th April. Includes list of Officers.

9th Bn DLI for period 1st March - 31st March 1918.

2nd Bn Grenadier Guards for period 25th March - 31st March 1918

10th Bn West Yorkshire Regt for period 5th September - 25th September 1918.

60th Bn Machine Gun Company for period 16th September - 24th September 1918. Plus Narrative of Operations 60th Machine Gun Company 19th September - 23 September 1918.

Regards

Peter.

Peter

I would appreciate any 5th Royal Irish Regiment diary information.

Kind regards

Richard

Apologies.

Richard

Richard

I think you may have misread Peter's post - he doesnt list 5/RIR amongst the diaries he has.

John

• 2 years later...

My great uncle Evan Edwards was a petty officer aboard the HMS Louvain and survived its sinking in 1918. I would be interested in any of the court martial info or the maps. I know the outcome of the court martial was that no fault to anyone. However anything that might shed light on Evan Edwards will help since he is the only one that we can't find what happened to him after the war. We think he lived in Liverpool, but nothing is for certain.

post-52821-1263913736.jpg

post-52821-1263913814.jpg